Get five general tips to make sure that people keep watching.
- [Narrator] Even though Facebook is catching up,…YouTube engagement is still…a primary concern for every artist.…Information is power, and some brand new data…about viewership on YouTube…helps us to maximize it's usefulness as a promotional tool.…For instance, video length is one of the biggest…deciding factors for engagement.…Videos under one minute…are watched to completion 80% of the time,…while two to three minute clips have a 60% retention rate.…Five to ten minute videos…are only completed 50% of the time.…
Here are five tips for increasing YouTube engagement.…The first is, focus on your mobile viewers.…98% of millennials watch videos on their smartphones,…and 92% of mobile viewers share videos.…Number two is, post and share at an appropriate time.…The peak time for viewing on a smartphone, tablet,…or computer is between noon and 5 p.m..…Create videos that appeal to audience passions…and align with your channel's brand.…67% of shoppers played a video…with the idea of making a purchase,…and watched it at least 80% through.…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.