- [Instructor] It wasn't that long ago that…A&R execs at record labels were scouring…the online platforms looking for acts…with high view numbers, page visits, or likes.…All that's changed as artists and their webmasters…became more sophisticated in gaming the system…by using bots or fake users to drive up their numbers.…Today, you can easily purchase views or likes…for a relatively small amount of money.…A&R departments are well aware of how it all works…these days so as much as they want to see them…they're wary of those big numbers.…
If that's the case,…what metric do they use then?…Believe it not, A&R execs are pretty much…back to the way they did it in the pre-internet days.…They look for things like does the artist…actually draw an audience when he or she plays?…Does the performer connect with the audience in a live show…as well as they do in an edited video?…Are they charming and memorable in the off the cuff…interviews and interactions?…Do they actually sounds good then they're playing live?…If there's a yes to all of the above,…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.