Harmony in singing is the combination of multiple voices that compliment each other melodically. In this video, Lari breaks down how to hear the different voices, and how to start harmonizing with any music you like to sing. Examples are sung and also visually laid out on the piano to help you understand the relationships between the notes as they move through a melody line.
- We're getting into a couple of lessons here…where we're going to be talking with,…and working with, and singing some of my favorite music.…And that is music that involves harmony,…vocal parts that involve singing in harmony.…Whether it's singing the melody…alongside someone else's harmony,…and maintaining your part and your melody,…or someone else singing the melody,…and you providing the harmony.…
I think singing harmony is one of the most fun,…and rewarding, and fulfilling activities…that a singer can do.…It's just fun.…So we're going to learn how to do it.…Some people do it naturally,…just like some people are born to run.…Some people are born natural runners, their muscles,…their musculature throughout their whole body,…their proportions,…the proportions of their skeleton,…they're just good at running naturally.…
And then they train to maximize their natural gifts…in order to be competitive runners.…But they're just born great runners.…I think some people are born harmony singers.…Some people have that connection in their brain…
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We're pleased to host this training in our library.
- Singing harmony and straight tone
- Crafting your vocal tone
- Using vibrato and messa di voce
- Working with the chest and head voice
- Singing in a low or high register
- Selecting a microphone for live performance and recording
- Understanding the Nashville Number System
Skill Level Beginner
1. Singing Harmony and Straight Tone
2. Crafting Your Vocal Tone
3. Working with the Chest and Head Voice
4. Exploring Vocal Textures and Styles
5. Singing Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.