Learn how to set up your profile on LinkedIn.
- [Voiceover] Probably the most crucial part…of LinkedIn is your profile…since that will determine how people will interact with you.…For instance, here's a look at my profile page.…This is one time when looking cool…might not be to your benefit,…but looking more professional will.…Let's look at some of the things to keep in mind.…According to LinkedIn, adding a profile picture…makes your profile 14 times more likely…to be viewed by prospective clients,…but the picture itself really makes a difference.…
For one thing, use a recent photo.…A picture from 10 years ago just won't do,…and neither will one that you use…on a social network or dating site.…Make sure to use a professional photo.…This is what everybody expects and it sets up your brand.…The best pictures have a solid colored background…with your face taking up as much of the frame as possible.…The image upload tool in LinkedIn includes…a cropping feature to make this easier.…The professional headline that appears below your name…is included on every reference about you on the site…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.