Blue Danube Waltz, A Section, Measures 4-8 are broken down and walked through. Hugh first teaches the right hand alone, then the left hand alone, followed by how to combine both hands. Notation is overlaid to help you follow along with the lines being taught.
- Alright, the melody continues the same kind of a pattern.…We add one extra D.…And then one more time.…And again, switch to the thumb on the A.…Now, this time we have a slightly…different cord pattern we're going to play.…Holding on to the A here, we recognize that A on the top…and then there's a note right next to it, that's a G.…Okay?…And then, you're going to slide down so that,…instead of the fourth finger,…your going to use your fifth finger on that G.…And, G, E, C, C sharp.…
Okay?…Now, the hardest thing about this, if you haven't noticed,…your pinky tends to be one of your weakest fingers,…so it can be a little tricky, if you're not used to it,…to get both of these fingers to come down at the same time.…Fortunately, whenever you pair up…your pinky with your fourth finger,…those two will be much stronger than…if you'd play your pinky by itself,…so it's always a nice idea to try to…pair them up whenever possible, okay?…So, and by the way, they are all…attached with the same group of…tendons, these two fingers and then these three are…
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Breaking songs down into sections and lines
- Playing the right hand and left hand separately and together
- Performing songs at different tempos
- Playing fast-tempo songs with complex fingerings
- Playing abridged versions of popular songs
Skill Level Beginner
1. "Spring Dance"
2. "Blue Danube Waltz"
3. Popular Abridgments
4. Chopin, "Minute Waltz"
ArtistWorks and Next Steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.