- [Instructor] Likes aren't what they used to be…in terms of the weight they carry.…For one thing, it's easy to game the system by buying likes,…although that can be detected easily.…That said, having them does carry some social proof.…A page that has a lot of likes makes you take notice,…whether they've been bought or not.…Even so, likes are getting harder and harder to get.…For one thing on Facebook you only reach 3% of your fans…with any one post.…Of those 3% you can only count on about 10% at the most…and 1% at the least to take action to like your post…or go to the next step and like your page.…
That means if you have 1,000 fans only about 30…will actually see your post,…unless you choose to spend some money to promote it,…of those 30 you can expect 10% or less to like it…if it's something that they're enthused about,…which means you'll get three likes…or reactions if you're lucky.…This applies even to major artists…who may have hundreds of thousands or even millions of fans,…but may only see dozens to hundreds of likes on some posts.…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.