- [Instructor] If you have a post that's…particularly compelling like a new song or video,…Facebook has a way for you to promote it.…Regular unpromoted posts are typically only seen…by only 12 to 16% of your friends.…By choosing to promote a post,…a larger portion of your friends will see it…and also make the post appear higher in their newsfeed.…You can choose to promote a post on your personal page…by clicking on the promote button located at the bottom…between the comment and share buttons of the post.…You'll now be taken to a pay screen…where you'll be asked to enter your credit card number…or select PayPal.…Costs is $6.99 and the post will now be marked sponsored.…
You can check to see how many more people saw it…as a result of the paid promotion.…Promoting a post on a fan page is somewhat different.…First of all, it's called Boost Post…and it's located by itself on the bottom right hand corner…of the post.…Secondly, you're actually charged depending upon…how large an audience you want to reach.…But the number is limited by your existing audience.…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.