Join Bobby Owsinski for an in-depth discussion in this video Posting frequency strategies for social media, blogs, and videos, part of Social Media Promotion for Musicians, Artists, and Engineers.
- [Instructor] While many have the opinion…that you can never post too much on social media network…research shows there's definitely a threshold,…after which additional posts begin to feel like spam.…That point varies with each network however.…Let's look at the different points…in all the major networks.…Posting on a personal Facebook page…has a different post limit than on a fan page.…The limits on a fan or band page…are far lower than a personal page,…since fans expect only quality posts…and have a much lower post tolerance.…
Studies have found that the more you post…the less effective each post becomes.…This is definitely a case of less is more.…Limit your posts to one a day, two at most.…More than two a day gets less interaction instead of more.…A polished music video usually can't be produced quickly,…but what's off the cuff…and behind the scenes shot from your smartphone can.…In fact, sometimes these impromptu videos…are the ones that are best received…precisely because they're not slick…and show your human side.…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Music Law: Recording, Management, Rights, and Performance Contractswith Richard Stim1h 40m Appropriate for all
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.