- [Instructor] A new strategy for releasing music…is beginning to take place, even within the major labels.…And almost a return to the early days of records,…a single song is king rather than the album,…and that requires an entirely new look…at the timing of when your material becomes available.…The basic premise of this new release philosophy…is to release fewer songs, but have more frequent releases.…In other words, it's better to release a song or two…every six, eight or 12 weeks than to wait a year…for one album release of 10 songs as was once done.…
This benefits the artist in the following ways.…The artist keeps his fans happy…with the constant supply of new music.…New music keeps the buzz and dialogue…going about the artist on social networks.…Each release is a separate marketing event.…With the release of an album, you only have one single…event to publicize with a long period of time…until the next one is produced.…With individual releases, you have the potential…for 11 separate releases, meaning 10 singles…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.