There are many ways to practice singing. In this video, learn some great ways to work with a tuner to help improve your intonation and pitch matching skills. The goal is to sing in key and get very comfortable with the way it feels to sing pure notes in tune. Suggestions for apps are given as well; many are free and make a nice mobile practice tool.
- So we talked about that feedback loop,…that very necessary complete system…between the sound that you produce…and what your ears hear and then how your mind…and your body respond to what you hear.…That's the complete feedback system that has to be working…and really tuned in in order for your pitch…and your ability to tune your pitch…and keep your pitch in tune…to be top notch and working at its best as a singer.…
When your feedback loop is in excellent working order…and doing what it's supposed to do…you will be able to hear when you hear a note and you--…♫ Sing a note…♫ That you can tell if you are in tune…A lot of that is intuitive,…it's subconscious, it's our mind and our body…responding at a very primal level…to basically bring the sound waves…that we are producing with our voices…in harmony, in resonance, in line…to match as perfectly as possible…the sound waves that are being created by the instrument…we're playing with or the other voice…that we're singing with.…
So when we hear a note.…(piano and vocal music)…
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We're pleased to host this training in our library.
- Understanding scales, chords, and intervals
- Range and register
- Ear training
- Warming up your voice and body
- Building a warm-up routine
- Using yoga for the practice and performance of singing
- Shaping your vocal sound