Lari helps you reconnect with your natural ability to hear shapes in speech and replicate it through several exercises. This skill helps you better identify what you are hearing in vocals that you wish to imitate in your own singing. Plus, it's a fun way to practice.
- Okay, this lesson is called Mock Me,…and it's just a game.…It's like an exercise I like to play to illustrate…how we all imitate sounds naturally.…It's one of our most fundamental communication skills…that we develop before we can even talk.…If you watch mothers speaking to a baby,…they speak very softly and they speak very melodically,…and "Aren't they the cutest little thing,"…and "I love you so much."…And that's an intuitive, instinctual method…of communicating to the infant who obviously…doesn't know the content, the words that the…mother is saying, but they are learning…by the use of her inflection and her tone,…they're learning, oh, this is someone…who is interested in me.…
They're paying attention to me.…They are attempting to engage with me.…They are focused on me, and it's gentle…and it's safe, and I'm being taken care of here.…All of that information is in that one little,…"Aren't you just so cute?"…So, we grow up then having heard that…and then we imitate it.…That's some of our first language-building moments…
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We're pleased to host this training in our library.
- Understanding scales, chords, and intervals
- Range and register
- Ear training
- Warming up your voice and body
- Building a warm-up routine
- Using yoga for the practice and performance of singing
- Shaping your vocal sound