Join Cliff Goldmacher for an in-depth discussion in this video Organic networking, part of 31 Music Business Tips for Songwriters.
- [Narrator] Networking is one of those words … that you hear all the time … when it comes to the music business. … And a lot of times, it has negative associations with it. … I'm here to tell you that there are organic, natural, … comfortable ways of networking … that will help you further your career, … without making you feel like you're doing things … that aren't who you are as a person. … Networking, from my perspective, is all about connecting … with like-minded people … and treating each other with respect. … …
This course was created by Cliff Goldmacher. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Staying organized
- Embedding metadata
- Scheduling a regular time to write
- Deciding which songs to demo
- Setting up social media accounts
- Pitching songs
- Joining a pitch organization
- Attending music conferences
- Joining a songwriting organization
- Reaching out to new co-writers
- Reading about the music business
- Researching publishers and other successful artists
- Registering songs with your PRO
Skill Level Intermediate
20 Unofficial Rules of Songwritingwith Cliff Goldmacher35m 30s Beginner
Songwriting Techniques with Chordswith Julian Velard2h Intermediate
2. Song Demos
5. The Music Industry
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.