In Part 2 of this lesson, Mike Marshall teaches the classic tune Old Joe Clark. Mike breaks the song down bar by bar and explains the chords used and the melody line for the song.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Okay now we'll move on to that slightly…more fancy version of Old Joe Clark…with a few more notes added in variation two,…but we're gonna keep the metronome right there at 54.…Play along with me here.…(metronome)…(mandolin music)…Here comes the slide.…
(mandolin music)…Slide.…(mandolin music)…Hot lick.…Turn around.…(mandolin music)…Again.…
Okay, now it's your turn friends, fellow mandolin players.…I'd like to see a video of you playing…one of those three variations to Old Joe Clark.…Whichever one feels comfortable to ya,…and again, not too much practicing,…cuz I really wanna see exactly where you're at,…so I can help ya out with some pointers.…
Note: This course is one of a 4-part series created and produced by ArtistWorks. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Sitting and standing with the mandolin
- Tuning a mandolin
- Positioning the right and left hands
- Strumming open chords
- Playing two-finger chords and melodies
- Playing beginner mandolin tunes
- Finding minor and moveable chords
- Playing 7th chords
- Playing chop chords
- Picking on the mandolin
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Right and Left Hand Fundamentals
3. Beginner Mandolin Tunes
4. Theory and Exercises
5. Chops and Picking
ArtistWorks and Next Steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.