Join Jared Meeker for an in-depth discussion in this video Notes above high C, part 3, part of Bass: Teach Yourself.
- Alright, and now let's find another note,…this high F, way above middle C is now --…(High F)…this high F.…(High F)…Tenth fret.…So let's check out a scale that we can use.…This is actually going to be the two-octave F-major scale.…Here we go.…(drumsticks tap out four-count)…(guitars play)…Alright, let's move on to steady with high F,…and here you're going to see a one-bar repeat sign.…
This is used a lot of times when,…instead of writing the entire measure over again,…if you're repeating the exact same thing,…you'll just see this symbol.…This just means,…just repeat what you just played again.…Here we go.…(drumsticks tap out rhythm)…(guitars play)…Alright, so let's move on to playing some basslines…in the key of F, and let's start out…with this first one here, that jumps from…the third position all the way up to this new…high F note.…
Here we go.…(drumsticks tap out four-count)…(guitars play)…Alright, let's check out this bassline in F, number two.…(drumsticks tap out four-count)…(guitars play)…Alright, moving on to bassline in F, number three.…
Note: This course was created and produced by Alfred Music. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Buying a bass
- Tuning your bass
- Holding your bass
- Left-hand technique
- Getting acquainted with music and tablature
- Notes on the first three strings
- The natural minor scale
- Sharps and naturals
- Key signatures and the major scale
- Ties and quarter notes
- Rock bass and heavy metal licks with syncopation
- Playing chords
- Playing licks from the 1950s, 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Notes on the First Three Strings
3. More Notes, Scales, and Accidentals
4. Introducing Keys and Eighth Notes
5. New Rhythms, Techniques, and Keys
6. Playing Up the Neck and a New Key
7. New Rhythms and Keys
8. Chords and More
9. Licks from Different Eras
Conclusion and credits2m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.