Explore some SEO tips and tricks for your website to make it easy for your fans to find you.
- [Instructor] There are a few other simple things…that you can do to improve your site SEO…besides using your metatext correctly.…The first is the effective use of anchor text.…Many artists and bands and even web designers who should…know better fail to realize the importance of anchor text.…Anchor text is the highlighted text that you use…as a link to another site or page.…The reason why it's important is that these words can…determine your page ranking when someone does a search,…since they carry more weight with Google…than the other text on the page.…Here's an example of bad use of anchor text.…
Click here doesn't mean anything in terms of search.…You think anyone will ever search for click here?…Well, actually, somebody might,…because there's actually over 9 billion results on Google.…But where do you think you'll rank?…Even if you luck out and somehow wind up on page 50,…you're still so far back in search results…that it won't do you any good.…A better use of the anchor text would be this.…Big Picture Blog makes much better anchor text…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Music Law: Recording, Management, Rights, and Performance Contractswith Richard Stim1h 40m Appropriate for all
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.