Learn why most people now discover new music on YouTube.
- [Instructor] According AccuStream iMedia Research,…38.4% of YouTube's one trillion views…are music videos.…This means that the number of YouTube music views…are larger than all the other…online music services, combined.…In fact, YouTube is the number one place, after radio,…where people discover new music.…That's the best reason to place your songs on YouTube…because that's where people currently look first…to find new music.…What's more, it doesn't have to be an expensive music video…and it doesn't even have to look professionally produced…in order to be effective.…
Video with just the lyrics…and a name of the artist on screen as the song plays,…sometimes can work just as well as a full-blown production.…When it comes to music videos,…the music still comes first.…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.