Lari gives insight on becoming a more complete and well-rounded musician by developing the correct mental approach to singing. She shares advice for bringing the correct attitude, style, and substance to your craft.
- This segment of level one…I call mind, or the thinking singer.…So we're talking about this whole musician approach,…mind, body, spirit.…We talked about keeping our bodies healthy…and our instruments health physiologically.…Now we're going to get into…the mental process, the intellectual process…and how that plays into being an excellent vocalist.…
I personally have experienced what I call…chick singer syndrome,…or for guys I think it's called the prima donna syndrome,…which is that little bit of stereotype…or discrimination or prejudice…that gets in play when singers are perceived…to be less than a musician…because they're just singers.…You know that's the stereotype of the rock singer guy…that shows up at rehearsal…and he doesn't really care anything about…what the rest of the players are doing,…he just wants to be the star and sing.…
Or the girl who shows up…and it's all about the gown and the look…and again she doesn't care about the players…or the music being made,…it's just all about being a star.…I'm sure we all know some people that have helped…
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We're pleased to host this training in our library.
- The history of singing in human culture
- Reviewing the key ingredients needed to be ready to sing
- Understanding your vocal instrument
- Caring for your voice
- Building core strength
- Developing the correct mental approach to singing
- Key terms and vocabulary of the music language
- Using a piano to find the right key
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Your Vocal Instrument
3. Core Strength Building for Singers
4. Speaking the Language of Music
Mind: The thinking singer3m 37s
5. Using a Piano to Find the Right Key
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.