Practice and master the skill of singing messa di voce. Lari moves through a few different keys to demonstrate while you follow along. There are also backing tracks provided in four different keys, so you can practice in your most comfortable singing range.
- Let's practice Messa Di Voce.…I'm going to play some chords and let them ring out…so that we have our pitch reference in our ears.…You sing along with me.…We'll start on a C, middle C.…And I'll do it on a "e", vowel.…And we'll see how long we can sustain it.…Remember, you are keeping the tone…and the vibrato, if you're using it.…The pitch all sustained with no change.…
The only thing you're changing is the volume.…You're doing a gradual crescendo,…or increase in volume,…and then a gradual decrescendo.…So match me, we'll sing on a few different notes,…a few different vowel sounds,…and then the backing track will be available…for you to practice on your own.…Here's a Messa Di Voce tone on middle C.…(piano)…(singing)…(singing volume increase)…(singing volume decrease)…Now let's try it on an A below middle C.…
(piano)…We're going to change the vowel.…Let's go to an "ah".…(piano)…(singing)…(singing volume increase)…(singing volume decrease)…You could hear a little bit of vocal fry there…at the tail end.…
Just a little bit of glato from my throat…
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We're pleased to host this training in our library.
- Singing harmony and straight tone
- Crafting your vocal tone
- Using vibrato and messa di voce
- Working with the chest and head voice
- Singing in a low or high register
- Selecting a microphone for live performance and recording
- Understanding the Nashville Number System
Skill Level Beginner
1. Singing Harmony and Straight Tone
2. Crafting Your Vocal Tone
3. Working with the Chest and Head Voice
4. Exploring Vocal Textures and Styles
5. Singing Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.