Using the major scale in the key of D, Bryan shows you how to find notes up the neck further expanding your voicing options. Also highlighted is making smooth transitions between the positions on the neck.
- The notes of the D major scale…are D, E, F sharp, G,…A, B, C sharp, D.…One, two, three, four, five, six, seven.…The way they climb and so the idea is to find…all the D notes on the neck of the guitar…starting from the open string and working up…to the higher position on the neck.…So starting from the open E, the notes are E, F sharp, G.…
So now we're gonna play this A here and shift.…(guitar music)…So that puts us up there.…(guitar music)…Trying to keep with our four fingers…(guitar music)…on four frets…(guitar music)…and shifts that up…(guitar music)…and from the open D string we'll start here…D major scale, D, E, F sharp, G…and we'll shift to the A, to the B.…
This time we're gonna shift…we're gonna keep some strength behind…our ring finger and shift to the C sharp…to end there with the pinky.…(guitar music)…Shift…(guitar music)…You can practice that, just isolate that from the G string.…G, A, B, I'm gonna shift…(guitar music)…now we're at our D and we got,…to get the pinky up here to the G…we're gonna shift again to the E, F sharp, G…
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Intermediate bluegrass guitar techniques
- Intermediate fretting
- Hammer-ons and pull-offs in G, C, and D
- Intermediate rhythm exercises
- Playing intermediate bluegrass tunes
- Opening up the fretboard with expanded scales and chord exercises
Skill Level Beginner
1. Intermediate Right and Left Hand Technique
2. Intermediate Rhythm and Concepts
3. Intermediate Bluegrass Tunes 1
4. Expanded Scales to Open Up the Fretboard
5. Fretboard Expansion Exercises
ArtistWorks and Next Steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.