Join Bobby Owsinski for an in-depth discussion in this video LinkedIn networking tips, part of Social Media Promotion for Musicians, Artists, and Engineers.
- [Instructor] The key to being successful on LinkedIn…is networking with people, and this platform…may be the easiest way to connect with other people…in your industry of anything available,…and with high-level pros at that.…Who should you connect with?…Well, basically anyone in the music industry.…Let's start with industry leaders, label execs,…session musicians, musicians in other bands,…studio owners, publishers, music attorneys,…tech execs connected with the music industry,…these are all valuable connections to have…and a great place to start.…
Just do a search for any of those categories…and see who pops up.…Another one is journalists and bloggers.…Journalists and bloggers make it difficult to connect…with them on purpose, since they're inundated…with press releases and people asking for reviews.…LinkedIn allows you to connect with them on more…of an even basis than through a cold solicitation…through an email or a blog post.…If you've ever attended an industry conference…like South by Southwest or an ASCAP Expo,…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Music Law: Recording, Management, Rights, and Performance Contractswith Richard Stim1h 40m Appropriate for all
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.