- Working with the Waveform and Spectrogram views
- Making selections
- Restoration modules
- Cleaning audio with De-click and De-crackle
- Advanced tools and production modules
- Working with Ambience Match on VO
- Optimizing audio with the Leveler module
- Utility tools
- Using the Fade, Gain, and Normalize modules
- Working with third-party plugins
Skill Level Beginner
- [Garrick] Hi, I'm Garrick Chow, and welcome to this course on iZotope RX 6. In this course, we'll explore a wide range of the tools and modules available in RX 6 for repairing and restoring audio. We'll start with an overview of the RX interface to get our bearings with a look at the wave form and spectrogram views, and how to make precise time or frequency based selections in your files. From there we'll jump into some of the most powerful and useful RX 6 restoration modules. We'll see how to repair clipped audio, how to remove hum in line noise, how to isolate and eliminate specific sounds with spectral repair, and how to use RX's Instant Process feature to quickly make a series of changes in your files.
Then we'll take a look at some of the modules that are only available in RX 6 Advanced, including EQ Match, and Ambience Match, the Leveler module, and De-wind and De-rustle. We'll also see how to incorporate RX 6 into popular digital audio workstations like Pro Tools, either as real time plugins or by using the RX Connect feature to round-trip audio from your DAW to RX and back. We'll be covering all this and a lot more, so let's get started.