A huge number of people use video services for music. Fully produced music videos can be expensive but learning to create a lyric video of your songs enables you to get them out on the available video services.
- [Instructor] Something that was a huge revelation to me … when I was starting to do my research on this topic … was how many people use video services to listen to music. … Given that that is the case, … and given how expensive fully-produced music videos are, … why not learn how to make a lyric video? … And, by definition, a lyric video … is simply a video with your song playing … and the lyric scrolling up the screen. … You can do that creatively, of course, but really ultimately … it is a video of the actual lyric of the song … as the song is playing. … Now, this does a couple of things. … First of all, and most importantly, … lyric videos get your songs on a video service. … But, of course, learning to make a lyric video … with free software that's on your computer … can also save you a fortune … compared to doing fully-produced music videos, … which, while they are certainly valuable to have, … are prohibitively expensive if you're trying to do it … with most of the songs in your catalog. …
This course was created by Cliff Goldmacher. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Staying organized
- Embedding metadata
- Scheduling a regular time to write
- Deciding which songs to demo
- Setting up social media accounts
- Pitching songs
- Joining a pitch organization
- Attending music conferences
- Joining a songwriting organization
- Reaching out to new co-writers
- Reading about the music business
- Researching publishers and other successful artists
- Registering songs with your PRO
Skill Level Intermediate
20 Unofficial Rules of Songwritingwith Cliff Goldmacher35m 30s Beginner
Songwriting Techniques with Chordswith Julian Velard2h Intermediate
2. Song Demos
5. The Music Industry
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.