Even if technology is not your thing, you should still learn how to embed your information on your MP3s so you can be reached if good things happen.
- [Instructor] As the music business becomes … increasingly tech-savvy, it is going to become more … and more important to make sure that any information … about your song is embedded into the MP3 … that you have created of the song. … That information is generally referred to as metadata, … and learning how to embed metadata into your MP3, … even if tech isn't your thing, will be hugely important. … This metadata is what makes you findable. … If your MP3 gets separated from the email you sent it in, … then it will still contain inside of it your email address, … your name, maybe even your publishing information, … certainly a phone number. … All of these things can be embedded directly … onto the MP3 so that no matter where the MP3 goes, … your information goes with it. … And if you're not sure how to do this, … I am quite certain that YouTube has some punk kid … who has put together a little one-minute video … on how to take your MP3 and embed your metadata. … This is extremely important and worth your while. …
This course was created by Cliff Goldmacher. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Staying organized
- Embedding metadata
- Scheduling a regular time to write
- Deciding which songs to demo
- Setting up social media accounts
- Pitching songs
- Joining a pitch organization
- Attending music conferences
- Joining a songwriting organization
- Reaching out to new co-writers
- Reading about the music business
- Researching publishers and other successful artists
- Registering songs with your PRO
Skill Level Intermediate
20 Unofficial Rules of Songwritingwith Cliff Goldmacher35m 30s Beginner
Songwriting Techniques with Chordswith Julian Velard2h Intermediate
2. Song Demos
5. The Music Industry
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.