Learning how to put a link to your song in an email is worth your while as many people no longer want MP3s attached to their emails. Learn how to do this using a free service like Dropbox.
- [Instructor] Another tech tip when it comes … to sending your songs to people … is to learn how to email a link to your song. … Attaching MP3s isn't always welcome in the music community. … A lot of the music industry decision-makers … have decided they don't want to hold on to a bunch of MP3s … but would rather be able to search their email … and just look for the email that has a link … that they can click and listen to the song. … Using a free service like Dropbox … to hold your MP3s to create links is very doable, … and again, this is something that can be learned … very easily from a YouTube video … where you're just shown once or twice how to do this, … and then, you'll know it forever. … So don't let the tech intimidate you, … and remember, learning how to embed a link … into one of your emails will mark you as a pro, … and this is exactly how you want to be seen … when it comes to the music business. … …
This course was created by Cliff Goldmacher. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Staying organized
- Embedding metadata
- Scheduling a regular time to write
- Deciding which songs to demo
- Setting up social media accounts
- Pitching songs
- Joining a pitch organization
- Attending music conferences
- Joining a songwriting organization
- Reaching out to new co-writers
- Reading about the music business
- Researching publishers and other successful artists
- Registering songs with your PRO
Skill Level Intermediate
20 Unofficial Rules of Songwritingwith Cliff Goldmacher35m 30s Beginner
Songwriting Techniques with Chordswith Julian Velard2h Intermediate
2. Song Demos
5. The Music Industry
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.