Vibrato is a way to color your notes with some variation in pitch added to the notes at different frequencies. In this video, Lari demonstrates how to get this familiar sound, and the different styles and sounds available.
- Let's work with vibrato.…For your listening list for this lesson,…goodness, there's so many great singers…that you can listen to, to study vibrato.…I like to listen to Alison Krauss,…because she has such a beautiful, light,…fluttery kind of vibrato.…She's got a very natural, fast vibrato.…I have to work very, very hard to even…attempt that speed of vibrato that Alison does.…It's so beautifully and naturally,…and the tone is gorgeous.…
My vibrato is more similar to Judy Garland,…who's also another singer that I listen a lot to.…She's got a very big, robust, very deep modulation…in her vibrato.…And, I also like listening to Raul Malo's vibrato.…He sings with the Mavericks,…and those are all singers that I would put…on your listening list for looking…at this particular quality or tool…that you are going to have in your belt.…So, the three things that we can control,…and that determine the sound of our vibrato,…are speed, how fast the modulation happens.…
This is a slow vibrato.…♫ (sings "la" with a slow modulation)…
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We're pleased to host this training in our library.
- Singing harmony and straight tone
- Crafting your vocal tone
- Using vibrato and messa di voce
- Working with the chest and head voice
- Singing in a low or high register
- Selecting a microphone for live performance and recording
- Understanding the Nashville Number System
Skill Level Beginner
1. Singing Harmony and Straight Tone
2. Crafting Your Vocal Tone
3. Working with the Chest and Head Voice
4. Exploring Vocal Textures and Styles
5. Singing Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.