Mike Marshall introduces the beginner section of the curriculum. Saying that he is a big advocate for learning the basics, and that even players who consider themselves intermediate or advanced, should watch through this section just to be sure get a refresher on the topics covered.
- Welcome, welcome to the first level of mandolin.…It's great to have you here and we're gonna be…covering some basics and I'm a firm believer…in getting that really solid foundation…with the basics before progressing.…So, no matter what level you're at,…I think it's good to check in on some of this stuff.…In fact, before progressing, I would ask…you to make sure that you can play everything that's here…in this basics level before going onto intermediate…and if you're unclear as to where you sit,…please submit a video to me in the submit video tab…and I will place you.…
So, good to have you on board.…
Note: This course is one of a 4-part series created and produced by ArtistWorks. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Sitting and standing with the mandolin
- Tuning a mandolin
- Positioning the right and left hands
- Strumming open chords
- Playing two-finger chords and melodies
- Playing beginner mandolin tunes
- Finding minor and moveable chords
- Playing 7th chords
- Playing chop chords
- Picking on the mandolin
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Right and Left Hand Fundamentals
3. Beginner Mandolin Tunes
4. Theory and Exercises
5. Chops and Picking
ArtistWorks and Next Steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.