Introduction to the the Waltz in D-flat Major, Op. 64, No. 1, Valse du petit chien popularly known as the "Minute Waltz" by Frédéric Chopin including explanation of what will be covered in the process of learning to play this tune with Hugh Sung's unique teaching method.
- View Offline
- With the Chopin Minute Waltz,…we're getting to some advanced territory,…so I advise that you take a look…at some of the earlier lessons first,…particularly if you're just brand new to the piano.…You can learn this but you're gonna have a much easier time…if you've had a little more experience…learning to read some of the musical notations…and some of the technical exercises,…which also will serve to strengthen your fingers…for the speed and the dexterity you're gonna need…for this particular piece.…But please go right, if you feel like you're brave enough…to give this a try, by all means go for it.…
You can break it down and you can learn it.…I actually redesigned, rewrote this arrangement…specifically to just focus on the technical things…that help you play it faster while simplifying…some of the things that were just not necessary…and were just getting in the way.…So this piece is gonna help you learn…to play on the black keys, learn to play scales,…which are successive notes, and in this particular piece,…
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Breaking songs down into sections and lines
- Playing the right hand and left hand separately and together
- Performing songs at different tempos
- Playing fast-tempo songs with complex fingerings
- Playing abridged versions of popular songs