Take a look at the various benefits of using Instagram.
- [Narrator] According to Nielsen Research,…if you want to reach music lovers,…Instagram is one of the best platforms to use for promotion.…Why, well first of all, Instagram users are huge music fans…and spend 42% more money on music and listen to 30% more…than the general population.…In fact, the typical Instagram users spends a surprising…$269 per year on music,…which is about twice as much as the average music fan…that subscribes to a streaming service.…This is all well and good, but if we don't know for sure…if a large number of your fans are already on Instagram,…then don't commit to it if you don't have the time.…
Like in all other platforms, consistency is king,…so you have to be able to spend time on this…every single day.…This might not be so easy, especially when you're already…spending time on other social platforms.…If you do decide to go ahead and market on Instagram,…be aware of your brand before you begin to post.…You want it to be consistent…with your other online properties in terms of look,…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Music Law: Recording, Management, Rights, and Performance Contractswith Richard Stim1h 40m Appropriate for all
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.