Learn how to set up your profile on Instagram.
- [Instructor] There're a number of best practices…to follow in order to build an Instagram community.…First of all, your profile picture and description…are important.…Make sure to include a profile picture…that reflects your band or brand,…a logo would be nice…and include a link to your website.…Shorten the links with the URL shortener.…Instagram's bio description has a limit of 150 characters,…so it's important to save as many characters as you can.…Leave relevant comments.…Comments are much appreciated by the poster…because they're few and far between.…
For instance, every second on Instagram produces…575 likes but only 81 comments.…It's a lot easier to just click the like button,…but comments get you followed back.…Use some filters.…Believe it or not…filters actually make a difference in engagement.…For instance, a study of six million posts…across 10,000 brands,…found that the posts that use hefe, low-fi,…Nashville, Brannen and Kelvin filters,…generated four to six per cent more engagement…than the average Instagram post.…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.