In this lesson, Jeannie talks about knowing how long to practice for, and when it is time to move on from these exercises in this section.
- At this point you might be wondering…how long should you be practicing…the various techniques that are in this section…as well as should you be continuing to use the warm-ups,…what about the quick fix area of exercises,…how do you know when to move on?…In this video I just wanted to let you know…that the warm-ups certainly,…they start off as your vocal exercises,…but then you can use them whenever you want.…
You can certainly, please do, use them…before you practice a song or a series of songs,…or you have a rehearsal, or you're going…into the recording studio, or you're about to do a gig.…They would be your pre-singing exercises.…The quick fix series of exercises…also have a similar function,…and by now I hope you've experienced…the immediate changes that are occurring…and will continue to occur as you apply…the Singing Songs Better techniques.…
Nonetheless, the next series of video lessons…has to do with vocal health, and I would very much…like for you to take a look at those lessons…while you're maintaining your practice routine.…
Note: The course is part 2 of the Vocal Lessons with Jeannie Deva series, recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Improving breath management
- Relaxing your stomach
- Practicing rib cage exercises
- Using songs as warm-ups
- Strengthening your voice with lip trills and nose buzz
- Improving pitch and resonance
- Nailing song phrasing, timing, and dynamics
- Moving from practice to performance