Learn how to get your music on influencer playlists.
- [Instructor] Spotify playlists are getting…harder and harder to crack,…especially if you're not on a major label.…Here are a few tips that can land you a spot…on a playlist from Spotify…or a playlist from any other service.…The first thing is to verify your profiles…with Spotify and Apple Connect.…The first thing you have to do…is make sure you have a presence on the service itself.…Playlist curators, especially if they're in house,…are reluctant to feature anything by artists…who have not verified their profiles…on the streaming platforms.…You want to get as many fans as possible…to follow you on the streaming platform.…
You don't need millions of followers or streams,…but you do need enough to get a curator interested.…They want to know that you have a buzz around you…before they take a chance.…Get the rest of your digital house in order.…If a curator is interested, he or she will probably…check you out further by looking…at your website, photos, social media,…upcoming gigs and all of the things…that we've been talking about in this course.…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.