Get tips and tricks for building your email list into a marketing juggernaut.
- [Narrator] Just like with your social media follows…and likes, building your mailing list takes some work.…It usually comes down to the following.…Your fans must trust your site.…If your site or social page makes people uncomfortable…in any way, chances are they won't be giving you…their email address.…Give them an incentive of some kind.…Generally speaking, people don't want to give…their address out unless they get something in return.…Don't think about the fact you're getting an email address,…think of what's in it for the fan.…He may care about regular communication,…but usually access to something free like a song,…or a ticket, or an e-book,…or an article gets better results.…
Don't ask them for too much information.…The more info you ask from them,…the greater the chance…that they'll give up while subscribing.…Asking for just an email address gets the greatest response,…but adding a first name allows you to include…a personal greeting.…Cross-promote across social media, flyers, banners,…and anything else you can think of.…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.