- [Narrator] You are on Instagram…both to build your audience…and inform them about what you're doing.…Since you can't inform them until they follow you,…here are a number of things that you can try…to build your audience on the platform.…The first thing is always include a call to action.…A call to action is asking your viewer to do something.…That's called engagement…and it's the key to building your audience.…The best way to do that is just by asking them.…A simple way to get more engagement is to ask followers…to tag the person that you love the most in the caption.…They will likely tag others in the comments.…
The next thing is leverage relevant hashtgas.…Hashtags are a great way for artists…to stand out on Instagram…and find people who are not yet following their account.…They help organize and categorize images…which aids in the process of content discovery.…Just make sure to use Instagram hashtags that are relevant…to the audience you're attempting to reach.…We'll look at hashtags in depth in another video shortly.…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.