Join Bobby Owsinski for an in-depth discussion in this video How Facebook determine what's in your news feed, part of Social Media Promotion for Musicians, Artists, and Engineers.
- [Instructor] One of the things that's most…disturbing to users that regularly post on Facebook…is how few of their posts their friends…and followers actually see.…At one point in time, 100% of all of your followers…would see every single thing that you posted.…That figure went down to 15% a few years ago,…and now stands at 3% or even less.…That means if you have 1,000 followers,…on average only about 30 of them will see your post…in their news feed, unless you choose…to pay to promote it.…
How is this determined?…Facebook has a complicated algorithm…that determines what post to show your friends…and followers, and some say it covers…thousands of factors.…No one outside of Facebook knows exactly…what the formula is, but it can generally…be broken down to something like what you see here.…If formulas like this make your eyes glaze over,…let's look at how Facebook's algorithm…chooses what appears and in what order.…It assigns each post a personalized relevancy score…that's different for each person that sees it.…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.