Learn about the best daily practices for keeping your instrument and body healthy, so that you have the best chance at finding your strongest voice. Lari shares recommendations for foods and drinks to include or avoid in your diet, and how to keep your body rested and comfortable.
- So let's talk about keeping our instrument…healthy on a day to day basis.…One of the best ways to keep your instrument healthy…is just keep your body healthy.…And this is such a great practice to be in…as a human being.…You take care of your instrument,…by taking care of yourself.…Again, you are your instrument.…There's no separating the two.…So if you take care of yourself,…your instrument will stay healthy.…
So it may seem obvious, but we're just going to…cover the basics.…If there's any aspect of this part…of the course where you think,…"Yeah, I could probably do a little more there.…I could probably change my lifestyle a little bit here."…I encourage you to go ahead and try it.…At least while you're in the Artist Works Vocal course.…
If there are things in this lesson that you're not doing,…I challenge you to incorporate them into your life…at least for the time that you are in the course…and see if it doesn't make a huge difference.…Not only in your voice and your instrument,…but just in how you feel everyday as a human being.…
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We're pleased to host this training in our library.
- The history of singing in human culture
- Reviewing the key ingredients needed to be ready to sing
- Understanding your vocal instrument
- Caring for your voice
- Building core strength
- Developing the correct mental approach to singing
- Key terms and vocabulary of the music language
- Using a piano to find the right key
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Your Vocal Instrument
3. Core Strength Building for Singers
4. Speaking the Language of Music
Mind: The thinking singer3m 37s
5. Using a Piano to Find the Right Key
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.