Learn how to use hashtags to promote yourself on Instagram.
- [Speaker] Hashtags are an essential part of Instagram marketing and promotion. So it's important that you're familiar about how they work on the platform. Contrary to all other networks, on Instagram, the more hashtags you use, the better. That's because hashtags are the primary way you build community on the platform. Believe it or not, between seven and 11 hashtags gets the most engagement, according to most studies. That said, make sure you do some research as to which hashtags you will use. Hyper-focused hashtags will put your images in front of a more interested audience.
That means that you should use hashtags relevant to music, and to your music and brand in particular. Three ways to search for new hashtags include, hastify.me, websta.me/search, and picodash.com. Here are some of the most popular related hashtags, which include music, musician, musicians, music producer, music video, music man, music is my life, musician life, music Monday, and music studio.
The best hashtags to get new followers are, love, instagood, me, tbt, which is short for Throwback Thursday, cute, follow, follow me, photo of the day, happy, and tag for likes. Finally, don't forget to include a custom hashtag of you or your band if your following is large enough. You should consistently use it in all your posts. Hashtags constantly change in popularity depending upon the current trends. So make sure do regular searches just to be sure that you're using the best ones for your posts.
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.