An exercise designed to help build some on fundamental flatpicking techniques and embellishments in the key of G
- We've got another exercise here…that isolates a certain, another way to do hammer-ons.…That's a pretty prominent part of flat picking.…We've got a new little rhythmic thing to look at here,…the tripet, which, the triplet,…triplet happens where there's basically…the feel of three eighth notes into one beat, so instead of…(rhythmic utterances)…So this one-two-three one, one-two-three two,…all this kind of stuff.…So what happens here, the first bar…of this little exercise in C,…I'll just show it to you slowly here.…
Start with a downstroke.…(guitar music)…Then the next, the end of the triplet,…we have three notes there that…make up the triplet, the open G.…(guitar music)…We hammer-on to the A, and then upstroke on the B.…(guitar music)…And our downbeat of the next bar will be…a down stroke on the C.…And so what happens, we've talked…about how in an eighth note picking pattern…you have a lot of just down-up, down-up, down-up,…is the basic form of what's going on there.…When you employ the triplet now,…we have, you know, still keeping…
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Intermediate bluegrass guitar techniques
- Intermediate fretting
- Hammer-ons and pull-offs in G, C, and D
- Intermediate rhythm exercises
- Playing intermediate bluegrass tunes
- Opening up the fretboard with expanded scales and chord exercises
Skill Level Beginner
1. Intermediate Right and Left Hand Technique
2. Intermediate Rhythm and Concepts
3. Intermediate Bluegrass Tunes 1
4. Expanded Scales to Open Up the Fretboard
5. Fretboard Expansion Exercises
ArtistWorks and Next Steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.