Learn about the various methods for making your music available on Spotify.
- [Instructor] If you're a self-published artist…or small label that does not have…an existing delivery partner or platform,…then the only way to submit to Spotify…is via an aggregator like Tunecore or CD Baby.…If you're a label that manages your own digital business…and has the capacity to deliver submissions…via a digital feed, the fastest and easy way is…to join the Merlin Network…like thousands of other indie labels.…This is like having a direct deal with Spotify…since you deliver your content directly to the platform…and also have direct contact when it comes to promotion.…
Click on the link at the top of the Merlin page…to find out more about joining.…Many artists have their music on Spotify…but not many know how important it is…to use their artist account as a promotional tool.…The first thing you should do is verify your account.…There are a few perks to being verified.…Whenever you release new music, create a new playlist,…or announce an upcoming show in your listeners' area,…followers of your music on Spotify will be notified.…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Music Law: Recording, Management, Rights, and Performance Contractswith Richard Stim1h 40m Appropriate for all
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.