Lari goes over the key ingredients needed to be ready to sing. She helps to prepare you mentally and physically for the act of singing, sharing some warm up activities for breathing and focus that get you ready to sing.
- Let's get ready to sing.…We're going to cover a lot of technical information…in the span of this course,…we're going to get down to the nitty gritty…of warming up and stance…and all kinds of technical details later on.…Right now I just want you to sing.…So the one basic can't move forward without…bits of information that I want to put in place…as this is what you do every time you get ready to sing,…three things,…focus,…that means that you bring your full attention…to the act, the intention of singing.…
You know we use our voices for many things all day long…and it takes a concentrated intention…to repurpose your voice, your mechanism,…for something other than just talking, yelling,…its every day purposes.…So we're now taking a minute to focus our attention…and our intention…that we have a purpose,…we are setting out with an intentional purpose…to now go from just everyday talking use…to a special application of our instrument,…and that is to sing.…
So you want to give this moment…and give your instrument, which is your entire body,…
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We're pleased to host this training in our library.
- The history of singing in human culture
- Reviewing the key ingredients needed to be ready to sing
- Understanding your vocal instrument
- Caring for your voice
- Building core strength
- Developing the correct mental approach to singing
- Key terms and vocabulary of the music language
- Using a piano to find the right key