Expanding on the 3 shape concept Bryan now shows you how to put it into a 1-4-5 pattern in the key of G, a very common Bluegrass progression. You'll learn how to play all three chords in the 1-4-5 pattern in 3 shapes and locations giving you a much more e
- We got an exercise here,…it's a good challenge.…It's sort of takes some from the first set…of realizing where these three shapes fall.…We're gonna be in the key of G…and we had the single exercise,…the delta…with these basic chord shapes again.…Now instead of keeping them…within the same one, four, five,…we're gonna stay in the key of G.…We still use those same chord shapes.…Now we're gonna try to connect them.…I've got an exercise here that connects…from this first form of G here…all the way up here…and then back down.…
And when we connect,…we're gonna find some notes that kind of lead…from this to this…other than just moving to the shapes cold like that.…So, the way this exercise starts out…working with this shape in a pull off…we're gonna slide up…from the fifth fret to the seventh fret.…We're starting our transition now.…Slide from seven to nine, one more time.…
And from here, now we're in this shape.…One more time.…So that get's us through that shape there.…So now we're gonna shift again.…To the shift.…When we did those similar transitions…
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Intermediate bluegrass guitar techniques
- Intermediate fretting
- Hammer-ons and pull-offs in G, C, and D
- Intermediate rhythm exercises
- Playing intermediate bluegrass tunes
- Opening up the fretboard with expanded scales and chord exercises
Skill Level Beginner
1. Intermediate Right and Left Hand Technique
2. Intermediate Rhythm and Concepts
3. Intermediate Bluegrass Tunes 1
4. Expanded Scales to Open Up the Fretboard
5. Fretboard Expansion Exercises
ArtistWorks and Next Steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.