Expanding on the 3 shape concept Bryan now shows you how to put it into a 1-4-5 pattern in the key of A, a very common Bluegrass progression. You'll learn how to play all three chords in the 1-4-5 pattern in 3 shapes and locations giving you a much more e
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- And now, we're gonna look at how to use…those three shapes moving within a one, four, five…chord pattern, and so the first one here deals...…We're in the key of A, and so our first shape…is this F shape right here,…and so what you're gonna see,…I'll talk through this exercise here…just quick review of those shapes.…There's that F shape and there's this,…we're gonna call the A shape,…and then the D shape.…So you may want to start just reviewing that.…
(playing F, A and D shapes on guitar)…And so the way this exercise starts out,…what we had before was more about learning…to find those clusters up and down the neck.…Now we're gonna get a little bit more…musically intense because we're gonna stay…basically in the same shape, the same basic area…of the fingerboard.…And we're all closed, no open strings.…In the key of A, this exercise starts…with a basic walk, and it's all…at a Major scale world here.…(plays demonstration on guitar)…Immediately in the first bar…we've got a little shift 'cause we're setting up…this form, see, the last three notes of the first full bar,…
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Intermediate bluegrass guitar techniques
- Intermediate fretting
- Hammer-ons and pull-offs in G, C, and D
- Intermediate rhythm exercises
- Playing intermediate bluegrass tunes
- Opening up the fretboard with expanded scales and chord exercises
Skill Level Beginner
1. Intermediate Right and Left Hand Technique
2. Intermediate Rhythm and Concepts
3. Intermediate Bluegrass Tunes 1
4. Expanded Scales to Open Up the Fretboard
5. Fretboard Expansion Exercises
ArtistWorks and Next Steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.