Take a look at a bad tweet, and ways to make it better.
- [Narrator] Now that you know what a hashtag is,…you're probably wondering how to select them.…Here's how to do it.…Looking back at the first tweet above…where both merch and bands appear in the tweet.…First, I researched the potential keywords…to see what kind of activity each word had…by going to search.twitter.com.…On the side, I did a search for #merch…and determined that there was a sizeable enough result…that it was worth using.…If the search had brought up less than 10 results,…I would've tried a different word instead.…Since it brought up a few pages of results,…I knew that the hashtag was something…that was search for often,…reached my target audience,…and was there for a good candidate to use in the tweet.…
One of the other things that comes from a hashtag search…is ideas for other hashtags.…In this case, number of candidates came up…when I tried an alternate, #merchandise,…which brought up alternatives like #bandshirt,…#apparel, #tshirts, #clothing, and #fashion.…There are a number of sites…where you can do Twitter searches…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.