Looking for writers' nights in your area is a great way to get your songs out there and meet your songwriting peers.
- [Narrator] If you're serious about your songwriting, … and getting your songs out there, … it is so important to find a local writers' night. … It's a great way to get your songs out there … even in their roughest form … because writers' nights, … it's sort of understood … that everybody's trying out their stuff. … But above and beyond just getting your songs out there, … you're going to meet your songwriting peers … and over the course of a career, … it is your songwriting peers … that make all the difference. … …
This course was created by Cliff Goldmacher. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Staying organized
- Embedding metadata
- Scheduling a regular time to write
- Deciding which songs to demo
- Setting up social media accounts
- Pitching songs
- Joining a pitch organization
- Attending music conferences
- Joining a songwriting organization
- Reaching out to new co-writers
- Reading about the music business
- Researching publishers and other successful artists
- Registering songs with your PRO
Skill Level Intermediate
20 Unofficial Rules of Songwritingwith Cliff Goldmacher35m 30s Beginner
Songwriting Techniques with Chordswith Julian Velard2h Intermediate
2. Song Demos
5. The Music Industry
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.