- [Instructor] Facebook video is one of the hottest features…on the platform.…The company's in a war with YouTube for video supremacy,…and as a result, it pushes video into the news feed…far more often than normal posts.…That said, this applies only to native videos…that are directly uploaded to Facebook,…not videos that are embedded via links.…Facebook has claimed it's taken over the mantle…of most watched from YouTube,…and it's come on strong since it was launched in 2014.…The difference is that calculating…what counts as a view between the platforms…is apples and oranges.…
For Facebook, if you watch a video, even with the sound off…for just three seconds, it counts as a view.…On YouTube, you need far longer engagement…before it's counted.…Another aspect for Facebook…is that there's no feature for monetizing videos,…like what happens on YouTube.…Therefore, content creators may be getting big view…and engagement numbers,…but they never see a dime as a result.…Facebook claims to be working on its own version…of YouTube's content ID and has made some strives…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.