Join Bobby Owsinski for an in-depth discussion in this video Facebook posting rules, part of Social Media Promotion for Musicians, Artists, and Engineers.
- [Instructor] After seeing the comparisons…between posts in the previous video…you can see that we're observing a number of guidelines.…They are keep it short.…Facebook suggests that somewhere…between 100 and 250 characters,…which equals a line or two of text,…gets 60% more likes, comments, and shares.…While other studies have shown that posts of 80 characters…or less get 23% more interaction.…That said, don't restrict yourself…if you can't tell a story or get the point across…in a limited amount of characters.…Just like when you're writing a press release,…an article, or almost anything else…you want to keep the basics…of who, what, when, why, and how.…
You don't have to get them all in the post,…but these are the things that make a post interesting.…Keep your personal feelings out of it as much as possible…until you get a lot of experience posting,…and even then have it only creep…into the conversation occasionally.…That said, when you post something personal…it shows that you're human, which people like.…Just keep it to the occasional post.…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Music Law: Recording, Management, Rights, and Performance Contractswith Richard Stim1h 40m Appropriate for all
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.