Join Bobby Owsinski for an in-depth discussion in this video Facebook policies everyone should know, part of Social Media Promotion for Musicians, Artists, and Engineers.
- [Narrator] Those that use Facebook a lot…don't often think about it,…but there are number of terms that you agreed to…when you first created both your personal and fan page.…These are worth being aware of since a violation is enough…to get you banned from the service…which is something you definitely don't want to happen.…For example, Facebook has a number of guidelines…for your cover graphic, like…it can't have a price or purchase information on a photo.…Something like 50% off.…It can't include a call to action to like, comment or share…with your friends.…
And it can't include contact info…like web, email or mailing address.…There are actually better places to put these…rather than on a cover photo.…If you're going to advertise,…Facebook has a number of advertising policies…that you have to follow as well.…For instance, you can't make any unsubstantiated…or sensational claims.…While this is a more at the get rich schemes,…the promise of making a million dollars in less than a month…or something like that, it can also be as simple as,…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Music Law: Recording, Management, Rights, and Performance Contractswith Richard Stim1h 40m Appropriate for all
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.