Join Bobby Owsinski for an in-depth discussion in this video Facebook marketing overview, part of Social Media Promotion for Musicians, Artists, and Engineers.
- [Narrator] Most of us use Facebook, but marketing your music, merch, and brand on a platform is something entirely different. In this section, we're going to look at how to use Facebook as part of a promotional campaign. This means that the way you've been using Facebook might change a bit because this only applies to your fan page. You can continue to use your personal page just as you have before, which is a social media outlet for you. First of all, remember that you can't be an administrator of a fan or business page unless you have a personal page as well, which is why that part can't be skipped.
We'll look at how to do that, as well as setting up your fan page. We'll also look at some of the most basic parts of using Facebook for promotion that are sometimes taken for granted. Like how to craft a post that engages your fans while getting your message out. We'll also look at Facebook likes and why they're not as important as you might think, but we'll look at some methods and how to increase them anyway. Of course, one of the main reasons why you're using social media on Facebook in particular is to grow your audience. So, we'll look at a few ways and how to do that.
Facebook video has become a huge part of the platform and might be more valuable than any other feature, so we'll look at how to do that as well. Finally, you might want to do more than just post, so we'll take a look at some of the advertising options of Facebook. Promoting a post or placing an ad brings a new level of scrutiny from the powers that be at Facebook, so we'll look at how to avoid any of the potential problems that might get your account suspended. As with other platforms, I'll assume that you already have a working knowledge of Facebook so we can concentrate on using it for promotion.
If you don't feel comfortable with your Facebook chops, there are number of videos on Lynda.com that can bring you up to speed.
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Music Law: Recording, Management, Rights, and Performance Contractswith Richard Stim1h 40m Appropriate for all
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.