Part 2 in a series of lessons where Jeannie coaches you through the "La-Ga" exercises she has instructed you on. She gives a brief recap of the things to be mindful of while doing the exercises as she accompanies you on the piano throughout the lesson and gives helpful pointers along the way.
- View Offline
- Now, next one,…tongue is still out, so swallow, take a moment.…We're going to do ya ga,…again keeping the tip of the tongue on the lip,…at first and until you've really…limbered up your tongue,…this isn't going to be that easy but do the best you can.…It takes exercise to get the result.…Okay, here we go.…Breathe into the back and begin, ya ga.…♫ Ya ga, ya ga, ya ga, ya ga, ya ♫…Uh, huh, natural ah.…
♫ Ya ga, ya ga, ya ga, ya ga, ya ♫…Uh huh, keep it going, ya ga, tongue out.…(piano music)…Yep.…(piano music)…Tongue.…(piano music)…Breath into the back.…(piano music)…Yep, get the tongue out.…
(piano music)…Yep, check your tongue, breathe into the back.…(piano music)…Using the hand, really home that jaw.…(piano music)…Easy on the ah,…you don't have to open the back of the throat for it.…(piano music)…Yeah.…Kinda like taking on pitch.…
(piano music)…Even though this is sort of weird having your tongue out.…(piano music)…Right, little more ya ga, tongue out.…(piano music)…Kay, last one of this, ya ga, tongue out.…(piano music)…All right, cool.…
Note: Vocal Lessons with Jeannie Deva was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Keeping your voice limber with neck massage
- Practicing tongue exercises
- Correcting bad vocal habits
- Stretching and exercising the tongue with slides
- Warming up with lip trills
- Reducing vocal strain
- Improving vocal range
Skill Level Beginner
1. Warming Up
2. Tongue Exercises and the La-Ga Series
3. Slides, Trills, and Tone
4. Quick-Fix Exercises
ArtistWorks and Next Steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.