Part 1 in a series of lessons where Jeannie coaches you through the "La-Ga" exercises she has instructed you on. She gives a brief recap of the things to be mindful of while doing the exercises as she accompanies you on the piano throughout the lesson and gives helpful pointers along the way.
- Okay, let's roll in to this exercise.…Again, we're using this melody.…(piano music)…And, I'm gonna coach you through it,…but here's a couple of reminders.…You're gonna use your hand to hold the jaw.…Not use these muscles to hold the jaw.…So, really give the power to your hand.…When you take your breath,…I want you to breath in to your back.…Let your back,…the lungs that are back there,…fill with the air.…
Okay, so here we go.…Hold your jaw,…and open it.…Let your arm rest on your chest.…(piano music)…Breathe in to your back.…Let's begin.…♫ La ga la ga la ga la ga la ♫…Right.…Let your tongue, when it comes down,…go against the back of the bottom teeth.…♫ La ga ♫…Keep it going.…
(piano music)…That's right.…Breath.…♫ La ga la ga la ga la ga la ♫…Remember, ah does not need space.…(piano music)…Good, holding that jaw still.…(piano music)…Yup, remember,…it gets better the more you practice it.…
(piano music)…If you're holding your jaw open too wide,…I want you to close it a little bit.…(piano music)…Right, so it's not here.…(piano music)…
Note: Vocal Lessons with Jeannie Deva was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Keeping your voice limber with neck massage
- Practicing tongue exercises
- Correcting bad vocal habits
- Stretching and exercising the tongue with slides
- Warming up with lip trills
- Reducing vocal strain
- Improving vocal range
Skill Level Beginner
1. Warming Up
2. Tongue Exercises and the La-Ga Series
3. Slides, Trills, and Tone
4. Quick-Fix Exercises
ArtistWorks and Next Steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.