Jeannie coaches the students about improving vocal range. She says lip trills are on of the best exercises because they can totally massage all of the muscles, and gets all of them together in alignment. The exercise is a quick series of lip trills set over a melody, done over several different keys.
- This next approach…is strange and wonderful.…It's simple, but I found that it really takes…some exploration to discover how to work…with the simplicity of it.…This is going to expand your voice…in a way that…is just surprising and wonderful.…Now this is a technique…that you will also find used…in the Singing Songs Better section.…
I wanna introduce it to you now,…and I'll show you how not only to do it…but give you a demonstration of how it influences…or changes the voice, me, mine (laughs).…And then I'll give you an actual exercise…to apply it to.…But just know that as we get into…the Singing Songs Better section,…this is something that you can apply immediately…to a song directly…and get an immediate vocal improvement…in your singing of songs.…
All right, so,…first of all, here's a bit of the song…Somewhere Over the Rainbow.…♫ Somewhere over the rainbow…♫ Way up high…Now here's nose buzz…and just with the melody.…(nose buzzing to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow")…I'll do it one more time.…
Notice my mouth is open a little bit,…
Note: Vocal Lessons with Jeannie Deva was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Keeping your voice limber with neck massage
- Practicing tongue exercises
- Correcting bad vocal habits
- Stretching and exercising the tongue with slides
- Warming up with lip trills
- Reducing vocal strain
- Improving vocal range
Skill Level Beginner
1. Warming Up
2. Tongue Exercises and the La-Ga Series
3. Slides, Trills, and Tone
4. Quick-Fix Exercises
ArtistWorks and Next Steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.